Opening a savings account with SBH is easy. Locate your nearest branch now from the list in the ‘Contact Us’ page.
You need to maintain a minimum balance in the account, as listed in the table: (Amount in Rupees)
|Nature of account||CHEQUE||NON-CHEQUE||CHEQUE||NON-CHEQUE|
Facilities we offer:
- Single and Joint accounts
- Services such as payments to LIC and house rent at nominal costs
- Free account transfer facility between branches
- Half-yearly payment of interest @ 4.00 w.e.f 03-05-2011
You are required to furnish the following as per Know Your Customer norms.
- Three recent passport size photographs
- Introduction from an existing account holder / person known to the Bank (account holder with minimum six months standing)
- Further to verify the identity and authenticity of the address you need to furnish one or more of each of the following list of documents.
List-1 (For verification of Identity)
- Election ID card
- PAN Card
- Government Defence ID Card
- ID Cards of reputed employers
- Driving License
List-2 (For verification of Address)
- Credit Card Statement **
- Salary Slip **/ Letter from the Employer subject to satisfaction of the Bank
- Income / Wealth Tax assessment order **
- Electricity Bill **
- Telephone Bill **
- Property Tax Bill **
** (Latest / Recent)
Simplified KYC Procedure
Simplified KYC procedure is there for opening accounts of the persons who intend to keep balances not exceeding Rs.50,000/- (Rupees Fifty Thousand only) in all their accounts taken together and the total credit in all their accounts taken together not to exceed Rs.1,00,000/- (Rupees One Lakh only) in a year. In such cases the accounts may be opened subject to
a) Introduction from another account holder who has been subjected to full KYC procedure. The introducer’s account with the Bank should be atleast six months old and should show satisfactory transactions. Photograph of the customer, who proposes to open the account and also his / her address need to be certified by the introducer.
b) Any other evidence as to the identity and address of the customer to the satisfaction of the Bank.